BML Librettists Workshop

It was the first night of the new season of Librettists Workshops.  We welcomed in some exciting new members, including Chris Burgess and Andrew Brinded.

David James gave his introductory lecture on the structure of the musical libretto and we all listend with rapt attention, ticking off in the back of our minds whether or not our latest shows held all the magic ingredients.  The new members are going to be presenting outlines for musical theatre adaptations of three plays which David has chosen for their particular musical adaptation difficulties.  Next week we are all going to be deconstructing West Side Story - a musical theatre version of Robert McKee's Casablanca exercise.

It was good to be back with old friends and new faces for an exciting and challenging year ahead!



Comments

  1. Thanks for the mention! :) You may enjoy my blog?

    http://andrewbrinded.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/musicals-shut-it-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew I absolutely love your blog and shall put it up on my site. I agree with everything you say! Breaking out into song suddenly is something we always did at home when I was a child - it has never felt at all odd to me. There is a terrible stigma but I think it is up to us to change that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts