Rebecca

Before deciding upon I Capture The Castle as our next project I toyed with the idea of adapting Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca, but discovered that the rights were not available.

I have now found out why.  There is a German adaptation of the show which is being translated by Christopher Hampton and is possibly coming to the West End at the end of 2011.  The German book and lyrics are by Michael Kunze and the music by Sylvester Levay.  The English version is going to be directed by Micheal Blakemore.

It has also been produced in Tokyo, Hungary, Finland and Vienna

Rebecca is set in 1930's England, like I Capture the Castle, and so I am very interested to see how they handle this story.  You can hear one of the songs from the show on the website at http://www.rebeccathemusical.com/

Comments

Popular Posts