Lincoln Center


When I was in New York I gave the Possessed book and music to Ira Weitzman to have a look at. Mr Weitzman is the Associate Producer of Musical Theatre at the Lincoln Center and has worked behind the scenes on many hit musicals, among them the original productions of Contact; The Light in the Piazza; Falsettos; Sunday in the Park with George; Into the Woods and Passion; Assassins, and Lincoln Center's current smash-hit revival of Rodgers and Hammerstein's South Pacific. When I went to New York I was told that he was the man I needed to get in touch with and somehow I did.

He told me that he really had too many new musicals in development but would look at the show to see what he thought. I got a lovely email from him today congratulating us on the show and saying that it is "a heartfelt, romantic piece with an appropriately evocative score which I enjoyed listening to." He is still too busy with new shows but it is good to know that we have made contact with a truly inspired producer in New York.

Comments

Popular Posts