Unexpected Inspiration

Only nine days to go until I leave for New York!
There is still a lot to do, meetings to firm up and stuff to send out, but today I have been working on the new musical. Inspiration arrived unexpectedly and so I began working on the first song. It is strange to begin writing for a new show when Possessed has lived with me for so long. In a way, getting over the hurdle of the first song will make it all much more real and possible, so I am really pleased it began today. Steve and I are still working on the structure of the new musical, but this was one song we both agreed had to be there, and so I feel safe working on it. The structure is a bit all over the place at the moment but the essence is there, which is always an exciting and frustrating moment.

Comments

Popular Posts