ISTRIA


I have just spent a week in Istria working on the structure of our new musical. Sitting under the trees at Mofardin I found the tranquility I needed to create a skeleton structure with songs. I have put each scene and song idea on cards, just the way we did for POSSESSED. Although this is the way I have worked on TV screenplays it works very well with the technically complicated structure of a musical and allows Steve and I to work together to move things around getting the right placings for songs before I start work on the dialogue. I have yet to decide exactly where the interval will come but hope that this will become clear soon.

Morfardin was five minutes walk from the crystal clear Croatian Adriatic... so different from the coast in Italy. When I needed to mull over ideas I walked down the white dirt track road to the beach, swam and lay in the sun and suddenly I knew what the next scene should be. In the evenings the farm came to life with other guests and locals. We ate meat and fish cooked on the open woodfire grill and drank homemade wine and grappa. It was a blissful time!

Comments

Popular Posts