PROCRASTINATING

Today I have to atttack the last scene of POSSESSED and am procrastinating, because it is the most difficult part of the musical. My youngest daughter is upstairs in bed with flu. Having someone in the house while I am working has always been inhibiting. It feels so much more difficult wandering around, singing (very badly) and emoting lines from the script when there is someone around to hear.

We have a space reserved at the JERWOOD SPACE for the end of February, beginning of March for our Arts Council project. Richard Lee, the Jerwood Director called to suggest a new space because Trevor Nunn wants to use ours for rehearsing GONE WITH THE WIND. I have agreed on a new space for the second two weeks, larger and better in fact. I am trying to keep all costs down for the project, otherwise we won't get our grant and Richard has agreed to a 15% subsidy, which is great!

Anthony Howell also got in touch. I met him at the Channel 4 event at the Barbican, celebrating the three observational documentaries: MUSICALITY, BALLET HOO and OPERATUNITY. Antony was the narrator of all three programmes and has a fabulous voice. We got rather drunk on Prosecco that night at the Barbican and shared a taxi home with friends. I told him about the BBC interest in doing an Ob. Doc. about putting the musical on. David Jackson, Head of BBC Wales seems to be really interested, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. A documentary would make all the difference. I have suggested calling the documentary PUTTING IT TOGETHER and even thought that the Sondheim song of the same name, from SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE would make a great song for the opening credits.

The breakfast things are still hanging around on the table, the answerphone is on and my mobile is upstairs in my dressing gown pocket. There is no excuse, I had better stop procrastinating and get on with that last scene!

Comments

Popular Posts