"DON'T BEND IT!!"

The last push to get the ACE application done came on Friday. I was exhausted from sitting up half the night working on the detailed expenses sheet, which has to accompany the Application Form. It was the dreadful Excel program, not the figures, which made the final draft almost impossible. When I put in the VAT some pence were included. These have to be hidden, because they stipulate there mustn’t be any - then the figures didn’t add up. I had a lot of fiddling around to do before this would all work and some extra help from my IT wiz Charles, but managed it in the end.

There were some hurried emails to the Stage Management Association and a few other companies for up to date fee quotes. Then a call from Tish, at the Oxford Playhouse, put my mind at rest about a few other queries.

The proposal was almost thirty pages long and more like a dissertation than a request for a grant. Jemima Lee told me not to worry about length, it was important to get everything in. I think they are going to regret it!

I felt quite sick in the post office, and nearly forgot to enclose the CD. “Don’t bend it!” I implored, almost hysterically, to the postmistress as she grabbed at the precious envelope. “My life’s in there.”

Well, it’s done now, and the twelve week wait begins.

Comments

Popular Posts